Jump to navigation Jump to search
Note: This page is a collection of solutions to problems I encountered and solved in my work as a translator. I’m collecting them here in the hope that they may save someone a bit of time the next time they try to solve a similar problem.
CAT tool terminology tips
File conversions and prepping
- Way to force certain terms to be translated a certain way (using a project glossary)?
- Program to monitor changes being made by the translator to MT output and auto-change it?
Regular expressions (regex)
Straight (') or curly (’) quotes
- How can I make memoQ automatically type curly (‘…’, “…”) apostrophes and quotes?
- Change all "straight quotes" to ‘curly’ with Find and replace (regex mode) in memoQ (in one replacement)
- For SEO purposes, is it better to use straight (') or curly (’) apostrophes and quotes?
- MediaWiki SEO: 5 tips to improve your wiki (richardcarterconsultancy.com/blog)
- 10 Best SEO Practices For MediaWiki Websites (cloudways.com/blog)